What You'll Learn at the 2013 ISS World Expo in Las Vegas
Sara Heins |March 27, 2013
Ready to mingle at the Paris Hotel and Resort with some of the self storage industry's best? Before hitting up the cocktails, blackjack tables and the Bellagio fountains this April, be sure to take advantage of everything the ISS World Expo has to offer, from peer networking to industry education; the Expo presents a lot of opportunities about how to make the most of your self storage company and improve your web marketing efforts.
On Wednesday and Thursday of the event, you'll be free to choose from eight different education tracks. Although each session has its own advice to offer, we recommend checking out these particular presentations from the Manager Essentials and Marketing tracks to help improve your tech, marketing and web savvy:
Manager Essentials – Wednesday
9-9:50 a.m.: Using Technology to Be a Better Self-Storage Manager
- Become more efficient by using industry technology, such as online bill pay, automatic kiosks, apps for productivity and much more. You'll save time and money all while getting a leg up on the competition.
10-10:50 a.m.: Handling Customer Reviews and Complaints in a Facebook World
- In today's mobile world, customers search locally for businesses and read peer reviews to make decisions. You'll learn how to positively handle and respond to the negative reviews by upset customers that could potentially cause a lot of damage to your reputation.
Marketing – Thursday
10-10:50 a.m.: Using Content Marketing to Tell Your Self-Storage Business Story and Engage Customers
- Learn how to project your storage facility's story to tenants in a way they'll find interesting and helpful; resourceful website content is a great way to stay ahead of your competitors, and this presenter will show you why.
11-11:50 a.m.: A Self Storage Operator's Fundamental Guide to Web Marketing
- Although it’s impossible to cover web marketing in 50 minutes, this session will give a brief overview to help understand the basics of important website aspects, including how to use inbound links, local search tips and other web strategies.
Roundtable Discussions for Improving Your Web Presence:
After you've finished the main course of the Expo – don't miss out on dessert. The Roundtable Discussions begin Thursday evening, from 5-6 p.m. and will be the cherry on top of your web marketing education in Las Vegas. We're particularly excited about the following tech topics:
"Maximizing Your Google+ Local Listing" by Holly Ritchie, The Storage Group
- Google+ Local should be an integral part of your web marketing efforts; learn how to make the most of local listings during this discussion.
"Using Online Marketing to Compete Against 'The Big Guys'" Joshua Steimle, Full Occupancy
- Discover marketing tips and techniques to level the playing field for your independently owned storage facility against the larger corporate self storage companies.
"See Through the SEO Hype: Why Tips and Tricks Won't Get You To the Top" by our very own StorageAhead team
- Our own expert staff will teach you how to achieve a high PageRank through proven, effective SEO methods, without using spammy techniques.
Don't Forget to Meet With the StorageAhead Team!
At the StorageAhead (powered by Red Nova Labs) booth (#711/713), our knowledgeable staff will be conducting SEO audits on websites; with our web expertise, we'll show you how to improve your site's standing in the search engines. If you're a current client, meet personally with our account manager, Steve Lam, to ask any questions you may have.
We're looking forward to meeting everyone; stop by and say hello to Chris, Matt, Alex, Steve, Austin, Tim, Eric, Dan and Bob!